We offer advice and guidance to the school and help the Head Teacher and staff to set and reach targets and to strive for excellence across the whole spectrum of school life.
We work closely as a team particularly with the Head Teacher and senior staff on a wide variety of tasks which include:
• developing a strategic plan for the school;
• determining school aims, policies and priorities;
• setting targets;
• monitoring and evaluating the work of the school;
• appointing staff and the Head Teacher;
• managing the budget;
• overseeing the repair and maintenance of the school;
• securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour;
• ensuring that all children in the school have access to a broad and balanced curriculum;
• ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff.
The Governing Body has a Chair, Vice Chair and two sub-committees; the School Improvement Committee and the Resources Committee. All governors attend the Governing Body meetings at least once a term and a smaller number of governors sit on each sub-committee, which also meet regularly. We are supported in our work by the Clerk to the Governing Body.